Sparkling white teeth can take years off of your appearance and enhance the beauty of your smile, but it can be difficult to maintain a bright, white smile with brushing and flossing alone. A number of different factors, including the food you eat and simple genetics, can cause your teeth to appear dull and yellow, but professional tooth whitening can improve the shade of your smile so that you are able to show off beautiful pearly whites. At Sunshine Dental, you can find complete cosmetic care for your smile with whitening services to fit into any budget. Keep reading to learn more about what our Albuquerque practice can do to whiten your smile.
Common Causes of Tooth Discoloration
There are many different reasons why your teeth may appear dull, yellow, or stained. Through the aging process, the teeth naturally lose their brightness, because enamel wears down and makes the teeth more susceptible to staining. Genetics, medications, and certain diseases can also lead to tooth discoloration. Tobacco use, coffee, and red wine are all also common sources of discoloration, since each of these substances will stain the tooth enamel.
Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments
While you might use whitening toothpaste to remove surface stains, only professional whitening can produce the permanent, dramatic results that you will want. You should always see the dentist before investing in any tooth whitening treatment, since over-the-counter kits may not be right for your smile, and they can actually damage your gums if they are not used correctly. Below you will see the whitening options available for patients at Sunshine Dental who are seeking a whiter, brighter smile.
- In-office laser whitening – With just one visit, you can see a whole new shade in your smile following a laser tooth whitening procedure. This type of tooth whitening uses light-activated bleach that can whiten your teeth several shades in a single treatment.
- Take home whitening kits – If you are looking for a more gradual transformation for your smile, you might use a custom at-home whitening kit from our office. Our staff will provide complete instructions for using these convenient whitening kits, which include bleaching solutions and trays to treat your smile over an extended period.
Maintaining a Bright Smile
Regardless of which whitening treatment you choose, you can ensure that the results last longer by maintaining a thorough oral hygiene routine, including regular cleanings and checkups with our office. To schedule an appointment with Sunshine Dental today, give us a call at (505) 298-0456 today.
Why Choose Us?
- Se Habla Español
- Top Rated Albuquerque Dentist
- Saturday Appointments Available
- Major Insurances Accepted
- Financing & Payment Plans Available
- Money-Saving Dental Membership Plans
- Caring & Experienced Dental Team
- State of The Art Facility