For years, dentists have been recommending veneers to correct common structural and cosmetic issues in the teeth, including chips, cracks, minor misalignment, and gaps between the teeth. With Lumineers, you can expect the beautiful and natural-looking results of veneers with treatment that is simplified and easy to fit into any busy schedule. At Sunshine Dental, you can discover the benefits of Lumineers first hand, but this article will take a quick look at what they have to offer so that you know what to expect during your visit to our Albuquerque office.
How Are Lumineers Different Than Traditional Veneers?
Lumineers can correct all the same problems as veneers, but they offer a unique design that shortens the treatment process and preserves more of the natural structure of the teeth. Like traditional veneers, Lumineers are custom fitted to each patient so that they create an ideal smile for any face. Below you can see how Lumineers are distinguished from traditional veneers, making them a leading choice in modern dental practices.
- Thin design – Lumineers are about as thick as a contact lens, yet they are strong and durable, so they will function just like your natural teeth. You can eat, brush, and floss as usual while enjoying the beauty of a new smile that you’ll love to show off.
- Minimal prep – Because Lumineers offer a distinctly thin design, they do not require the same tooth preparation as traditional veneers. Treatment is completed in just 2 visits, and there is no need for acrylic temporaries that can limit your regular activities and be an unsightly addition to your smile.
- No shots or drilling – Most of the structure of the natural teeth is left intact with Lumineers, so the discomfort of drilling and anesthetic shots is eliminated from the treatment process.
What Is the Treatment Process Like?
When you do decide to have treatment with Lumineers, the dentist will schedule a visit to make an impression of your upper and lower teeth. The impressions are then sent to a Lumineers laboratory, where your custom Lumineers are made. Once the Lumineers are ready, you will go back to the dentist, where the veneers will be bonded in place. You can return to your normal routine right away after treatment and follow your normal oral hygiene routine to keep your new smile looking great.
To schedule an initial consultation at Sunshine Dental, where you can discuss whether Lumineers are the right choice for you, give us a call at (505) 298-0456 today.
Why Choose Us?
- Se Habla Español
- Top Rated Albuquerque Dentist
- Saturday Appointments Available
- Major Insurances Accepted
- Financing & Payment Plans Available
- Money-Saving Dental Membership Plans
- Caring & Experienced Dental Team
- State of The Art Facility